Thursday, January 10, 2013

Manning, Party of Five

I am feeling much better today than I have been.  After spending the weekend wallowing around the house and feeling like poo, I tried to go into work on Monday and found myself trudging out the door an hour later, too sick to work.  I finally called the doctor.  They prescribed Zofran.  It's an antiemetic taken every 8 hours.  It took me from miserable to functional.  On Tuesday night, I went in for acupuncture and that got me feeling darn near normal.  So far, this pregnancy is no joke.

This morning was big for us.  We went into the doctor for an ultrasound on which we would presumably be able to see the heartbeats of any viable babies.  As soon as the image popped up on the screen, it was clearly evident that there were three distinct little ones in there.  As the nurse panned over each baby we saw a little flicker and she said, "That's a heart beat," three times in a row.

The next thing she did was turn on the doppler on the ultrasound machine and let us listen to each baby in turn.  The heartbeats were as follows:  Baby A 122 bpm, Baby B 120 bpm, and Baby C 115 bpm.  Those are all solid heartbeats.  As we were listening to the heartbeats, Ryan had tears of joy in his eyes.  To see him so excited about being a father is amazing.  I'm so lucky to a husband that is so emotionally invested.

We are officially pregnant with triplets.  We have a long road ahead of us, which is good because we're going to need time to process.  We have only one more appointment left with the reproductive endocrinologist before we are released to a perinatologist.  Because this is considered a high risk pregnancy, we are going to be monitored very closely over the coming months.  I'm very glad about this because I'm going to need the reassurance.  

All three babies.  Baby B was being shy.

Baby B in full view.




3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm so happy things are still going well for you! Hoping the Zofran and the acupuncture helps keep you functional! Fingers crossed for a happy healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats as well! If you can tolerate it, try eating stuff high in vitamin B6 (hummus for example) to help with the morning sickness (or the supplement too) in addition to the zofran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to me ❤️ and my husband too because we're carrying triplets to
    To God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete