Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shots Again...Bleh

Yesterday was the kickoff appointment for the next frozen embryo transfer.  They did blood work, took a urine sample, and completed another ultrasound.  All of the blood work came out perfectly, the urine sample indicated that I was not currently pregnant (surprise!), and the ultrasound showed that my uterine lining was ideal and I am completely healed from the Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) that I had back in August.

When I went in for the last frozen embryo transfer, the OHSS symptoms were mostly resolved, but not completely.  I still had some small cysts in my ovaries.  Actually, they weren't "technically" cysts because they were still small, but they were still not normal.  I do wonder if my body was not ready for the transfer last time around.  If that was the case, then this time, we should have a much better chance for success.  

Tonight I began the estrogen shots.  The good news is that I only have to do these shots once a week.  The other good news is that the dosage is really small so it doesn't hurt as much.  The bad news is, it's a gigantic needle in the bum and it still isn't fun.  I also started taking Doxycycline today to prepare for the procedure.  I've been taking Folic Acid, Fish Oil, and a Prenatal Vitamin for a while, so I'm continuing with those.

It's nice to have support from Isis.  She makes it a little easier.


As far as acupuncture goes, I still haven't gotten back in the saddle.  I have been meaning to, but I dread it so much.  I will probably only get in a couple of treatments before my procedure.  I know it's supposed to help somehow, but I wonder how helpful it can be when I get anxiety even thinking about it.  I will call and set up some appointments tomorrow.  Promise.

Oh yeah, we have an official date for our next transfer!  Wednesday, December 12th.  Mark your calendars and say a little prayer if you find a minute.  We need all the help we can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment