Monday, July 30, 2012

Crazy Town

Yesterday morning, I woke up a little nauseous, so I ate some spelt toast and headed outside for a leisurely walk with Ryan and the dogs to get some fresh air.  It helped tremendously.  Thinking I was over the worst of the side effects, I decided to settle in on the couch with a few magazines while watching the Olympics.

After a little exciting competition, a commercial break interrupted my perfectly pleasant morning.  A commercial came on about the dangers of texting and driving that showed a young man who had gotten brain damage while texting "Where r."  I totally lost it.  Not just crying, but sobbing and wailing to the point that I couldn't breathe.  Completely crazy town.

I wish that I could say it was an isolated incident, but I've been crying with very little provocation since I began the injections.  I'm afraid that attempting to see patients this week at work is a mistake.  I just know that someone is going to walk into my treatment room and say, "I hate coming to the dentist," and I am going to scream-cry in their face.

Besides being incredibly emotional and slightly nauseous, I've spend a lot of time thinking about what is yet to come.  Today, we are two weeks away from the egg retrieval procedure.  After that, depending on the number and quality of embryos that are created, we have to decide how many to transfer back to me.  Likely, it will be one or two.  Right now, our doctor is leaning towards one.  I'm scared of putting in just one.  If it doesn't work I don't know if I'll have the emotional capacity to go through this too many more times.  We are leaning towards two.  It's not that we want twins, but we would rather have two (or more if they split) than none.  So much to consider, and until we create the embryos, it's all just conjecture.

If you are reading the blog, and you are interesting in helping us out, Misty Alvarez is hosting a Celebrating Home party to help ease some of the financial burden of the process.  Celebrating Home is a collection of gifts, home accents, and gourmet foods that can be ordered online and sent to your home no matter where you live.  So, if you feel like doing a little shopping or getting a jump on the holiday season, check out Misty's Celebrating Home Party and buy yourself something nice.  A warm thank you to Misty for offering to do this for us.  It means so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment