Sunday, July 15, 2012

Popping Pills

The pill I used to take.
When we first started trying to have a child, I felt like I was on top of things.  I took my prenatal vitamin on most days and I figured that I was probably doing better than the majority.  In the Assisted Reproductive Therapy world, however, this is not nearly sufficient.

 I have to take so many vitamins and supplements now, that I have to put them in pill organizers like a little old lady just to keep track of them.  In the morning I take a prenatal vitamin, Singulair, and 1000 mg of fish oil.  In the evening I take 800 mcg of folic acid, 1000 mg of fish oil, and a birth control pill.  What stinks is that these aren't even the fertility medications.  I begin those on July 25th.  I fear that my pill holders won't be large enough for everything.  


The pills I take now.
I am taking to heart all of the recommendations given to me by the doctors.  When we take our pregnancy test in seven weeks, if it doesn't come out positive, I want to be assured that it was not because of something that I should have done differently.  So I will take my pills like a champ (even though I hate it) for as long as I need to.  


Tomorrow I go into the doctor for a procedure called a hysteroscopy.  It is used to examine the inside of the uterus and helps diagnose conditions like internal fibroids, scarring, polyps and malformations.  Not exactly sure how it works, but I will learn and update about it tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment