Monday, September 3, 2012

Baby Pics

A lot has happened since my last post.  On Friday, I had a doctor's appointment to do an ultrasound and check for fluid in my ovaries.  It's all cleared up!  That means I'm on pace to do a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) on Thursday, September 20th.  I'm really glad that I get to move forward, but the appointment was a little bittersweet because according to the original calendar that I got for my IVF cycle, Friday was the day I was supposed to find out whether or not I was pregnant.  I had a good cry on Friday afternoon, then picked myself up and decided to focus on my list of "Fun Things Before Pregnancy."

Friday evening was nice and cool, so Ryan and I went to our gym, wallowed in the outdoor hot tub and had some good conversation.  It was a really perfect night and we got to check a little something off the list. Sunday, Ryan and I watched the UK vs UofL football game and enjoyed a win for our favorite team before our guests arrived from Boulder, CO.  Jim and Christina arrived in the early evening and we immediately headed out to Edelweiss to enjoy some German cuisine and, of course, some delicious German beer.  I also tried Brie for the first time which is both delicious and something you're not supposed to have when you're pregnant.  We ended the night with some Apples to Apples then got some rest before our big day today.

Bright and early this morning we headed out to Triple B Ranch to do some horseback riding and enjoyed a leisurely ride in pretty much perfect weather with absolutely gorgeous scenery.  If my Camelpak hadn't been leaking on my back the entire ride, it would have been perfect.  After that we headed out to lunch in Manitou Springs where the less than stellar waitress broke a glass of cream on Ryan's lap causing him to have to change his clothes, then paid for his meal. The Manning's just couldn't seem to keep dry today.  Finally, we made a stop at Garden of the Gods to take in it's sheer beauty and awesomeness.  It was pretty much a perfect Colorado Springs day.  

So, to recap, this weekend I got in a hot tub, drank German beer, ate Brie, and rode horses.  A very fun non-pregnant weekend.  This week I get back on track preparing for my FET.  Tomorrow I go in for baseline blood work and ultrasound and begin my medication for this cycle.  I saved the best news for last, though.  On Saturday, I went to the mail box and inside it was the embryology report and right there in the center of it was pictures of our embryos!!!  Our first baby pictures!  More likely than not, one of these six blobs is going to be our future child.  How crazy is that?




No comments:

Post a Comment