Sunday, September 16, 2012

Transfer Moved...Again

I last wrote on Monday after an appointment where everything was right on track.  My estrogen level was at 230 and apparently climbing.  Their goal is for estrogen to reach 300 prior to beginning supplementation with progesterone.  On Friday I went in for another ultrasound a blood work to check the lining and make sure I had reached that 300 mark.  After the ultrasound, they said that my uterine lining looked like it belonged in a textbook.  That made me feel really confident about going into the transfer next week.  After this confidence builder, I was completely blindsided when they called Friday afternoon to let me know that not only had my estrogen level not reached 300, but it had actually dropped to 214.

I was devastated.  If my estrogen level didn't rise, I might have to wait until next month to try again.  They asked if I could come back on Saturday morning to see if it had risen, but they made it sound like this was a little bit of a long shot.  That evening, I let my acupuncturist know what had happened and she did a treatment to help stimulate estrogen production.  I also added a fifth estrogen patch to see if I could get the levels to go up.

Saturday morning, I went in and had my blood drawn.  It was a tough morning of waiting for the results.  Needless to say, I had a one track mind.  At 11:30 the nurse called to let me know that not only had my levels risen above 300, but they wanted to move the transfer up a day!  What amazing news!  After all of this waiting and postponing, I was actually going to get to do something ahead of schedule.

I was elated for the rest of the afternoon.  That evening, Ryan and I went out with the Murphy's for sushi and indoor skydiving.  We were both celebrating our 3rd anniversary and having one last night of risky fun before I find myself expecting.  Only three more days!

Waiting in our skydiving suits with Ryan Murphy and my husband Ryan.

Flying high!

So happy!  Pictures complements of Carrie Murphy.
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys, and really enjoying being able to follow the process. Lots of happy thoughts for you both!

    ReplyDelete