Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Here We Go!

Went in yesterday for my baseline blood work and ultrasound.  Everything is as it should be.  My hormone levels are all normal and my uterine lining is nice and thin.  Last night, I began the estrogen patches.  They are clear patches that about 1 x 1 and 1/2 inches in dimension.  Apparently, they don't like sweat very much.  This morning when I was working out, it got a little loose around the edges.  I change them every 48 hours, so I may only have to break a good sweat once every other day if I'm going to keep them in place.

I think the worst part about them is that the glue globs up around the edges and attracts dirt and yuck.  It  makes me feel like a gross person.  Right now I'm only wearing one, but by the time it is all said and done, I will be wearing four at a time.  Don't worry, if it looks ridiculous enough, I will take a picture and post it.

Also, today I got the calendar for this cycle.  According to the schedule, the transfer is September 20th and the first pregnancy test is scheduled for October 1st.  At this point, I suppose I am cautiously optimistic.  I have no reason to believe that things won't go well, but I didn't last time at this point either.  I will just have to take the next 15 days one at a time until the transfer happens.  Round two, here we come!



1 comment:

  1. Followed your link from the forums....a little baby oil on the residue should take it off...you can get adhesive remover too, but baby oil works just as well and smells better :)

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete