Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

Today is the day!  For some reason, 12/12/12 is feeling very lucky to me right now. This cycle feels absolutely nothing like last time around.  I suppose that's a good thing, because last time it didn't work.

I spent last night lounging in the bathtub, drinking a glass of red wine (presumably my last one for several months), and reading the November issue of Vogue.  This is in absolute stark contrast to last time when I was running around trying to make the house perfect for bed-rest and absolutely studying everything "baby" I could find.  I think I may have driven myself a little nutso.

In the time between transfers, I really have been focusing on myself and my relationship with my husband.  I've been eating healthy and working out a lot.  I've even gotten into Pilates reformer classes that I absolutely love.  After all of the nasty hormones and depressed eating of the last cycle, it's nice to see my body finally changing back to what it was before.  I'm not gonna lie, I'll be a little disappointed to see the belly start growing after all of this work, but if I keep on the healthy track I am hoping I will be able to bounce back at the end.  I've also been journaling, praying, and reading.  These are all things that help soothe my soul and make me feel really good.

This time I am going to do bed rest a little differently.  Focusing on being pregnant and thinking about babies the whole time was maddening.  I am still planning to spend today and tomorrow on bed rest, but my entertainment is going to be a little bit different.  I have a manual to go through for my new iPhone and another Disney biography (I've already read a couple) to devour.  After that, I am going to spend the next couple of days on modified bed rest in my happy corner.  Can't wait!

My room!  Cozy and clean!  Ready for bed rest.

Entertainment for the two days.  iPad, iPod, computer, books, and journal. 

My happy place!  Every 11-year-old girl's dream.  Don't plan on growing up.  Ever.

Can't wait to catch up on some scrapbooking! 


On Saturday night, Ryan and I got all dressed up and went out on a date.  We talked and laughed and had a wonderful time.  There was a moment, when I was sitting across from him and he was smiling his big, beautiful smile and I thought, "I am the luckiest girl in the world."  I can't wait for this next chapter to begin.  The transfer officially happens at 1:30 today.  That's 3:30 Eastern time for the followers in KY.  If you find a moment, and your heart leads you there, say a little prayer for the Manning family.  We would really appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you both! Lean on God and keep up the prayer. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete