Monday, December 17, 2012

The Waiting Game

I don't know how to describe the wait other than to say that it has become excruciating.  It has been five days since the embryo transfer and I am still nine days away from knowing what is happening with my body.  At this point last time, I was breaking my heart daily with negative home pregnancy tests.  I believe I started testing at three days after the transfer when I saw that one of the girls on the forum I was following got her positive result that early.

The problem with home pregnancy tests is that once you open that floodgate, it's hard to stop yourself from taking them over and over again.  I don't think I can promise that I won't succumb to the temptation to use one, but not having any in the house sure is helping.  Tonight after my shower, I intentionally put on pajamas and left my hair wet to keep myself from running to the store.  A little crazy town?  Maybe.  But it worked.  

Enjoying bed rest.  New Jimmy Choo's came in the mail and I was so excited I wore them in bed!
I've definitely been feeling more symptoms than I did last time, but that could always be attributed to medication or to a very active imagination.  Here's what I've noticed so far.  On Saturday night, I stood up from the couch and it felt like I had done about a thousand crunches.  I hadn't worked out since Monday, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't residual soreness from that.  The past couple of days, mostly today, I've been noticing a slight cramping.  I would describe it (for the ladies who know what I'm talking about), as the period cramps you feel that signal you that more painful cramps are on the way.  Nothing has been painful or even uncomfortable, just noticeable.  Also, I've had a seriously heightened sense of smell.  Today, a lady came into my office to use the microwave.  Guess what she was heating up?  A hard boiled egg.  First of all, who does that?  Secondly, I had to leave my own office to escape the stench.  I couldn't handle it.  

I realize that these symptoms could very well be the result of medication side effects and magical thinking, but they sure do feel real to me.  I think the only good thing about not knowing, is that I get to enjoy thinking I'm pregnant for just a little bit longer, no matter what the outcome is.  


The current Manning children.  


The future Manning children.  Love them already.  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the shoes in bed thing....AWESOME! You are so right about once you POAS you can't stop. No matter the result. Good for you for holding out. Hoping and praying things are settling in nicely for you!

    ReplyDelete