Friday, December 14, 2012

Possibly Pregnant

Right now, I am two days past the embryo transfer.  Those of you who I haven't spoken to already are probably wondering how it went.  The short answer is that it went very well.  On Wednesday, we arrived at the office right on time (which, for those of you that know Ryan and I, you know that is a huge success in and of itself).  The office wasn't very busy and it seemed like only my favorite nurses and techs were there.

We were taken back quickly and changed into our operating room garb.  I did a little dancing and singing to Britney Spears "Toxic" and took some Valium.  Shortly after, Dr. Magarelli came in to discuss how the embryo thaw went and to help us make a decision on how many embryos to transfer back in.  As you may know, we had four embryos remaining after our last transfer.  All four of them thawed, but one was not showing signs of continued growth, so it was not a viable option for transfer.  That left us with three Grade B embryos.  Dr. Magarelli said, "If you're alright with it, I'd like to transfer all three."

Next thing I know, we were signing on the dotted line and being directed back to the operatory for the procedure.  Everything went really smoothly.  It was much less crowded this time around, which was good.  Before the procedure, my bladder has to be completely full because a full bladder helps push things around so they can put the embryos back where they want them to be.  Probably the worst torture in the world for me is needing to go to the bathroom and having to hold it.  Just ask my brother; I was miserable on long car trips as a child and he used to torment me relentlessly about my delicate bladder.  When the procedure is over, they ask you to lay there for 15 minutes before getting up.  Last time, I tried to grin and bear it and was absolutely miserable until they brought me a bed pan.  This time, I asked for the bed pan right away then drifted off to sleep.

After we changed and they wheeled me out to the car in a wheelchair, we headed over to the acupuncturist for a treatment.  For some reason, they gave me two Valium this time instead of one.  I was one relaxed little girl.  At the acupuncturist's office, they gave me some hot packs around my neck and feet and I dozed off before they even finished putting in the needles.  Going from the acupuncturist to home is a long sleepy blur followed by a four hour Valium nap.  At around 7:00 that night, I began to become a little more lucid and decided to check my phone and the internet.  Guess what?  Internet was down.

I guess God truly does work in mysterious ways.  The internet can be a very insidious thing, and last time around, it truly aided in driving me insane.  I googled symptoms and shopped for baby things, and researched parenting methodologies.  This time, that wasn't even an option.  From the time I got home until now, I've spent time reading, watching some Disney movies, and journaling.  It's really been a lovely couple of days of bed rest.  Now, I'm at a coffee shop borrowing the internet and relaxing outside of the house a little bit.  Don't worry, I'm not having any caffeine.  In a few minutes, I will be off to get a little acupuncture, then wrapping and scrapbooking for the rest of the afternoon and weekend.

I am very content right now with the little Manning triplets floating around inside me.  I don't even have any of those blasted pregnancy tests in the house.  We are scheduled for a blood test on December 26th.  What a lovely Boxing Day gift!  As far as transferring three embryos instead of two, I supposed that we just have to trust that God won't give us more than we can handle.  Will check back again soon with pictures when we get our internet going again at the house.  Hoping that your holiday season is lovely.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for being PUPO!!! Fingers crossed those little one(s) are settling in nicely....Thoughts and prayers for good news on the 26th!

    ReplyDelete